Friday, April 22, 2011

How do you Continue to Work When you Cant Walk?



Continue to Work Even Though you Can't Walk

It's never easy to deal with a permanent injury, particularly one that is so serious that you can no longer walk, but it is very possible to continue to work, perhaps even in the same industry you were in before. 

There are many people in wheelchairs who drive themselves to work each day, and sit at a computer, or answer phones, but if you would rather not have to stay quite so active, you can work for yourself at home on a lap top, sitting in bed, doing pretty much what I'm doing now.  


Continue to Work Online

You might ask what I'm talking about, and I'm not talking about one specific opportunity, but you can set up a free blog like this one, and put ads on the page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Clickbank, or any number of different companies. 

You write fairly specific titles, make sure you don't stuff too many keywords in, make a few back links, and you should get found in a Google search. I talk more about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) methods in another article. 

The other way I get traffic to my pages is through SMO (Social Media Optimization). Every day, I add about a thousand Twitter followers on Twiends, which I can do by clicking a button on my iPad in bed, and I tweet out to my followers the links of my articles and blog posts, and get an ever-increasing amount of traffic, which converts to real money from clicks on the ads.

An iPad has some limitations, so if you are planning to work on the computer in bed, I would suggest using a light lap top computer, and my favorite type of computer is a Mac. 

You can get a Macbook for almost half the price (buying it online through Amazon), as you would be able to get it for in a store.

No comments:

Post a Comment