Friday, July 13, 2012

SEO For Social Media Profiles


SEO For Social Media

Social media marketers usually think that SEO is a separate concept to making a Facebook page, and sometimes don't even think enough to use a title that people will find in a search. 

You have to at least take into account that a certain amount of people may be typing in the name of your product or service into Facebook, and also that the page may eventually show up on Google. 

A Facebook page with the right SEO done on it can rank higher than a normal website or blog. I know you probably don't believe me, so I'll say it again. 

A social media page with good SEO can rank higher than any other website, if you know what you're doing. 

For example, you need to pick the right title for your page. At the moment, I have Facebook pages ranking on the first page of Google for: affordable social media marketing services, social media tricks, writing for profit, and many other small searches. 

I didn't try all that hard to get them to rank, I got a few hundred random likes, wrote an article or two as a back link to them, and with one or two of them, I made a back link from the home page of my sites.
Check this out if you want, I just made a link to a new article I wrote called using SEO for social media, and that one links to a HubPages article, which links to a blog post on my site, and a You Tube video of the same name. 

I'm trying to rank for social media and marketing, and at the moment, I am on the first page of You Tube for the video, and on the first page of Google for the blog post, but I'm trying to get to the top of the first page on both sites for that keyword. 

You Tube videos only really rank on Google for high competition searches once they have a lot of views, and perhaps comments and likes as well. 

These social signals are fairly easy to manipulate, but you have to do it in a way that looks natural, or otherwise you may have your numbers frozen, and be penalized in your rankings instead. 

Anyway, I can help you with all of those sorts of things, and if you want to learn more about SEO for social media profiles, and how I can help you with yours, send me a message at rowan@professionalsocialpromotion.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment